Friday, November 28, 2014

30 day calendar of Healthy Eating Part Uno!

Finally i decided its time to take up a project as my readers' block is here to stay! So it was time for me to now take my health into my hands (which somehow always was; and i never bothered).

The first thing i concentrated was on what I am eating. I wondered is there something like eating right for being fit? All the books and articles about the topic lead me to eating food for weight loss or starving for weight loss. The idea of weight loss repels me, I am happy with what I am. I want to eat to be fit. As 'D' says "fitness is not a trend; its a lifestyle".

After a lot of research on nutrition, minerals & vitamins needed for the body to function well, I decided to change following habbits of mine:

  •  Eating three heavy meals a day
  • Loading up on Carbohydrate rich food like Rice, Bread
  • Avoid processed food. Actually throw them out of the house.
  • Mid afternoon heavy duty snacks & tea in office with some gossip.
  • Midnight snacks. 
Instead I started implementing these ones:
  • Eating five small meals a day
  • Restricting Carbohydrates to 30 gms per day.
  • Increasing the good 'fat' intake. Yes! you heard it right. I said increasing fat intake. 
  • Increase intake of vegetables, fruits, nuts & seeds. 
  • Green Tea/ Infused Tea/ Kashmiri Kehwa thrice a day
  • Keeping a food diary & tracking my meals. 
After 30 days of rigorously following this i felt a huge difference. I was more active, happier, slept better. Actually slept around 8 hrs a day; which was impossible seeing how I have always been an insomniac. I no longer feel anxious, angry or sad. My mood swings have reduced a lot and Guess what! Even 'D' has noticed the change in me. 

Only by implementing this i gained around 1 kg. Wait!!! Hear the rest; I also lost around 1.5 inches all around. Just by eating right. Almost Magical. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment