Monday, April 13, 2015

Of Travel & Trains!

I love trains. Especially that feeling you get when you are in between places. I think that feeling comes with one constantly on the move. 

I am sitting at the window of the train and just letting it sink in. The detachment from the world, the feeling of a constant flux. Of being every where and of being no where. The eerie calm. I cannot express that into words but i am sure everyone experiences it when they travel. 
A lonely star, actually a planet is visible through my window while I try to slumber. I  would like to think its Venus. I wish i had a camera which could capture the beauty of it all. My eyes do. Its there most of the times, bright & fiery looking at me but sometimes it hides in the clouds making me get up to search for it. 

There was a friend of mine who was going away; and cheesy as it was we made a pact. Its one of the perks of being kids; one doesn't have to feel ashamed of all the cheesiness & corniness of things one does. I told her to always look at Venus whenever we think of each other. Because it will be there, always. This reminds me of that. But what's ironical is I fail remember which friend it was. 

Life is so like Life sometimes. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't travelled by trains much and not at all in the recent years. But I remember one experience and that was the last time I felt solitude and peace. It was so refreshing and calm. Nowadays the cramped airplane travel makes me cringe. Wish I had more time to experience trains than to run for flights all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Catching a flight means only two things; Queues and Hurry. No peace or no time to reflect. Hence my post on how i love & miss travelling in trains.

      Delete